Later turned into a museum

later turned into a museum

The owner of this house, which was later turned into a museum, was an English officer who joined the Medical Corps of the Royal Egyptian Army in 1904 and was later used in the Egyptian army in 1907. Then he was promoted to become a major in 1914 and during the same year he became an assistant assistant to the army commander for conscription in the army Egyptian. In 1919, he retired from the army to end up being the chief inspector in the Egyptian Ministry of the Interior, and later became the Eastern Secretary to the British Residency in Cairo. He retired in 1924 but continued to reside in Egypt and expanded his interests in Egyptology and Oriental studies. This house was his residence, and his high artistic taste and his love for collecting artifacts were evident.



Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt


Gayer Anderson Museum-Egypt



Egypt images – Architecture – Location – Biography – Bayt Al Kiritliya



City: Cairo
Region: As Sayedah، El Sayeda Zeinab
Place: Gayer-Anderson Museum
Date: 4-8-2022
Location: see on map