In this album you will see Images of Maison Al Suhaimi. The entrance, the shape of the door and the way leading to it
Bayt el-Suhaymi is a rare example of gracious living in the Islamic period. This beautiful house is the only fully surviving Ottoman house in Egypt. The southern section was constructed in 1648 by Abdel Wahab al-Tablawy, while the northern part was completed in 1797 by Ismail Shalaby. It was named after the last resident, Sheikh Muhammed Amin al-Suhaymi. In the 1930s, King Fouad purchased the house and annexied it to the committee of conservation of monuments of art arabic architecture.
The first floor of the Beit El-Suhaymi is known as the salamlek, and was used by the El-Suhaymi family to welcome male guests. This area is small and has brown wooden cupboards around the left side and a small alabaster table in the center. There are also carpets covering the floor. There are sitting areas in the salamlek and haremlek areas. It is a surviving masterpiece of Islamic civilization in Cairo and its monuments.